A pressure washer pump is a device that transfers the energy from the pressure of water or gas to a rotating shaft, which in turn powers an impeller. It is used in many applications, such as pressure washing, car washing, and industrial cleaning.
The pressure washer pumps are made up of several components that need to be replaced when they break down. These components include pump impellers, vanes, housings and bearings. These components are susceptible to wear and tear due to the constant use of the machine.
If you notice that your pump is not working properly or it has stopped working altogether, it’s time for you to replace your broken pressure washer pump with a new one before it damages your machine further. This is also the reason for making sure you get original pressure washers that come with their pumps, such as the Grandfall Pump.
The pump can break due to a number of reasons, including overloading, wear and tear, lack of maintenance or poor quality parts. You must also know that pump replacements are not always easy – they require specialized tools and knowledge in order to be done correctly.
There are two types of pressure washer pump replacements: the first is the replacement pump that has the same specifications as your old one, while the second is a high-pressure pump that can handle higher water pressures.
Types of Pressure Washer Pumps and Their Pros & Cons
Pressure washer pumps come in three main types: piston, diaphragm, and main jet. Each type has its own set of pros and cons.
- Main Jet Type Pumps: These pumps have a small number of moving parts that they use to create the pressure needed to power the pump. They are generally cheaper than other types of pumps, but they require more maintenance and can be harder to work on if there is an issue.
- Diaphragm Type Pumps: These pumps have a large number of moving parts that they use to create the pressure needed to power the pump. They are much easier to work on than main jet-type pumps, but they require more maintenance and can be harder to work on if there is an issue.
- Piston Type Pumps: These are designed to work with pressure washer systems. They are typically used in industrial settings, but they can be used in residential settings as well.
How to Identify Your Pressure Washer Pump Type and Replacing it Properly
Pressure washer pumps are the heart of the pressure washer. They are responsible for pumping water and cleaning your house or car. The type of pump you have will depend on what type of pressure washer you have, but they all work in a similar way.
If your pressure washer is making a loud noise, it’s time to replace or upgrade your pump. However, if you’re unsure what type of pump you have, there are some simple ways to identify it.
- If your pressure washer has a single pump, it’s most likely a single-stage pump.
- If you have two or more pumps, it’s most likely a two-stage or three-stage pump.
- You should always look at the label on the backside of your machine. The model number or serial number should be listed there and the type of pump used in your machine.